maude-help - Re: [Maude-help] What happens in module including?

Re: [Maude-help] What happens in module including?

  • From: "Hui Ding" <huiding AT uiuc.edu>
  • To: "Ambarish Sridharanarayanan" <srdhrnry AT uiuc.edu>
  • Cc: <maude-help AT banyan.cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [Maude-help] What happens in module including?
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 21:01:58 -0600

I am using Maude version 2, which is the latest version downloadable from
the web.
Now I found that the problem may lie in the following statement, which is
contained in
file "general.maude":
var ATTRSET : AttributeSet .
op shutdown : Configuration Oid -> Configuration .
ceq shutdown(< O1 : Thread | parent : O3, ATTRSET > CF, O2)
= < O1 : Thread | parent : O3, ATTRSET > shutdown(CF, O2)
if O3 =/= O2 .
When "oidlist.maude" and "general.maude" is sequentially introduced, there
are no warning
messages. Everything goes well by then.
But when "deadlock.maude" is introduced, the warning message appears to show
that OidList
is not defined.

When I delete the above conditional equation, then all go through well to the
end without
any warning messages.
So it seems that variables of sort AttributeSet cannot be used in this
style. In other
words, does this mean that if I want to deal with configurations in equations
instead of
rewriting rules, I have to list ALL its attributes contained in this object,
some of whose
information may be totally useless in the equation?

If this is true, how to deal with the following statement? Here, even the Cid
cannot be
determined.
If ATTRSET is not allowed to be used this way, it seems that I have to list
all the
different classes (since they have different attribute set) and define a
conditional
equation for each class. Is this true?
ceq shutdown(< O1 : C | parent : O3, ATTRSET > CF, O2)
= < O1 : C | parent : O3, ATTRSET > shutdown(CF, O2)
if C =/= Thread .

Another point is that: from the elimination of warning messages here, it
shows that a
grammar error, which is not detected when introducing the file containing it,
may only
shows its influence in later files, with a confusing warning message. Maybe
this is a bug
in the Maude compiler?