maude-help - [Maude-help] Maude on Cygwin

[Maude-help] Maude on Cygwin

  • From: José María Álvarez Palomo <alvarezp AT lcc.uma.es>
  • To: maude-help AT banyan.cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: [Maude-help] Maude on Cygwin
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 10:29:06 +0100

Hi all,

a few weeks ago I wrote a message to maude-help asking for a version of Maude running on cygwin without using Line interpreter. As it seemed no such version existed I have compiled the Maude 2.0.1 source code on cygwin.

The compiling process has been surprisingly smooth and I've only had to follow the guidelines in the Maude INSTALL file. As well as Maude, I've had to compile the libraries buddy22, libtecla and gmp-4.1.2. dlmalloc is already included in the 3rdparty directory.

I haven't test it throughoutly, but it seems to work fine. The only obvious bug I've noticed is that time is not shown properly. It can also be run out of the cygwin environment, taking into account you have cygwin dll available. In this latter case I haven't got Maude to read properly the environment variable MAUDE_LIB.

If anyone is interested on it or if you want the binaries to be made publicly available, just let me know.

Best regards.

--
José María Álvarez Palomo
Dpt. Lenguajes y Ciencias de la Computación

  • [Maude-help] Maude on Cygwin, José María Álvarez Palomo, 11/26/2003