maude-help - Re: [Maude-help] minor problem with views

Re: [Maude-help] minor problem with views

  • From: "Ambarish Sridharanarayanan" <srdhrnry AT uiuc.edu>
  • To: <br_marty AT yahoo.com>
  • Cc: <maude-help AT banyan.cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [Maude-help] minor problem with views
  • Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 04:01:30 -0600 (CST)

Ich bin es said:
> i run into some difficulties running standard examples
> with views, on linux and sun with maude and fullmaude
> 2.0
>
> im only interested in paramterization within fullmaude
> 2.0
>
> the views seem to be syntactically correct, but after
> after the view, nor does any more rewrites take place,
> hence any following module is noted but not introduced
> and consequently no reduce command will be executed
>
> it concerns the standard graph example with an
> instantiation of the Graph theory by some concrete
> graph through the obvious view
>
> there must be something fundamentally/stupidly wrong,
> but what?

Are you sure you're using the latest versions of Core Maude and Full
Maude? I loaded your specification into 2 different verions of Maude and
Full Maude (the current and an earlier version) and they were both
successful. The output was along the lines of

rewrites: 595 in 0ms cpu (44ms real) (~ rewrites/second)
Introduced theory: GRAPH

rewrites: 1649 in 0ms cpu (5ms real) (~ rewrites/second)
Introduced module: GRAPH1

rewrites: 301 in 0ms cpu (0ms real) (~ rewrites/second)
Introduced view: Graph

I attempted reducing "aa", and it successfully reduced.

Maude> (red aa .)
rewrites: 192 in 0ms cpu (1ms real) (~ rewrites/second)
reduce in GRAPH1 :
aa
result E :
aa

As such, I am unable to reproduce your problem. Can you pass on the
*exact* error messages, if any, as well as the exact output of both Core
Maude and Full Maude upon starting up (these will contain the respective
version numbers)? A transcript might also be useful, if you can obtain one
easily (through "typescript", say).

Ambarish