maude-help - Re: [Maude-help] emacs mode for maude?

Re: [Maude-help] emacs mode for maude?

  • From: Ethan Aubin <ethan.aubin AT pobox.com>
  • To: Ambarish Sridharanarayanan <srdhrnry AT uiuc.edu>
  • Cc: maude-help AT banyan.cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: Re: [Maude-help] emacs mode for maude?
  • Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2003 14:08:36 -0500

> Yes, there is a mode developed for XEmacs available at the Maude page
> itself (http://maude.cs.uiuc.edu/download/); the README file included
> indicates that it does not run on GNU Emacs.

Thanks for the pointer. The emacs mode works well for syntax
highlighting, but unfortunately on windows the maude console comes up
in a separate window and I have not had any luck tweeking the bat file
on windows so that emacs can submit text to the process or provide
readline type funcitonality.

I've been reading through the manual and wanted to try out some of the
Full-Maude examples, but loading fm.maude on my windows box prints
"allocFixedMem failed (err -12)" 5 times before raising a Fatal Error
and killing the process. I can try to capture the line log if it would
help anyone...

Another quirk, when I load a file or type a command in the interpreter
maude frequently does not respond and I need to type Ctrl-D to get
back to the prompt. Is maude sensitive to unix vs windows newlines?
Thanks, --
ethan.aubin AT pobox.com