maude-help - Re: [Maude-help] maude-mode and GNU Emacs?

Re: [Maude-help] maude-mode and GNU Emacs?

  • From: "Ambarish Sridharanarayanan" <srdhrnry AT uiuc.edu>
  • To: <simons AT cryp.to>
  • Cc: <maude-help AT banyan.cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [Maude-help] maude-mode and GNU Emacs?
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 13:57:23 -0600 (CST)

Peter Simons said:
> I tried to use the "maude-mode" found on the home page with
> GNU Emacs 21.3.1 under Linux, but the attempt was not
> successful. I can start Maude from Emacs, but sending the
> current buffer to the process (or any of the advanced
> functions) doesn't work.
>
> So I wonder whether anyone has managed to port the code to
> GNU Emacs rather than XEmacs?

Not as far as I know. The "README" alongwith the Maude-mode does seem to
indicate the reason that the mode does not work with GNU Emacs. I quote:
"This mode does *not* work with FSF Emacs since FSF doesn't support
nongreedy quantifiers in regular expressions. Use XEmacs."

I am not aware if things have changed now. Perhaps you could try
contacting the author of the Maude mode directly; his e-mail address is
also available in the README.

Ambarish