maude-help - Re: [Maude-help] model checking problem

Re: [Maude-help] model checking problem

  • From: Steven Eker <eker AT csl.sri.com>
  • To: Zhijiang Dong <zdong01 AT gmail.com>, maude-help AT peepal.cs.uiuc.edu
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [Maude-help] model checking problem
  • Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 10:17:16 -0800

On Friday 01 April 2005 08:10, Zhijiang Dong wrote:
> Dear Maude users and developpers:
>
> I have a question about model checker. Is it possible to put a
> fairness constraint during model checking?
>
> I have two loops in my system. The property fails because the system
> always executs one loop, and ignore the other.

There is no built in notion of fairness or justice in the model checker but
some things can be encoded in LTL. For example if your property is P and e1
is true iff your first loop is starting to execute and e2 is true iff your
second loop is starting to execute you could check the following formula:

Steven