maude-help - Re: [Maude-help] Strange warning

Re: [Maude-help] Strange warning

  • From: paco duran <duran AT lcc.uma.es>
  • To: jay AT cs.brown.edu
  • Cc: maude-help AT maude.cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: Re: [Maude-help] Strange warning
  • Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 19:04:39 +0200

Hi Jay,

You are probably making ModuleExpression and String be in the same connected component, having then declarations of _+_ without a common ancestor.

You get the same problem with the following module.

fmod FOO is
pr META-MODULE .
pr STRING .
sort Foo .
subsorts ModuleExpression String < Foo .
endfm

Without more information I cannot give you any hint on how to avoid the problem. I hope this may help you.

Regards,

Paco Duran

Jay McCarthy wrote:

I have come accross the following error:

Warning: "prelude.maude", line 861 (fmod META-MODULE): declaration for _+_ has
different attributes from declaration on "prelude.maude", line 639 (fmod
STRING).
Advisory: "workshop.maude", line 1 (mod WORKSHOP): operator _+_ has been
imported from both "prelude.maude", line 639 (fmod STRING) and
"prelude.maude", line 861 (fmod META-MODULE) with no common ancestor.
Warning: "workshop.maude", line 1 (mod WORKSHOP): this module contains one or
more errors that could not be patched up and thus it cannot be used or
imported.
Warning: "workshop.maude", line 1 (mod WORKSHOP): module WORKSHOP is unusable
due to unpatchable errors.

I tried to make a single file that demonstrated the problem but I was
not able to. I can however, send the code, but its quite large.

Basically what I've done is take a module that works and uses
LOOP-MODE, then add a "protecting" line for a new module I wrote that
just uses QID and STRING.

What really confuses me about this error is that META-MODULE obviously
includes STRING through QID, so if the two definitions of _+_ are
incompatible, then how could this error not always occur?

Jay