maude-help - Re: [Maude-help] Example sequents.maude with Maude 2

Re: [Maude-help] Example sequents.maude with Maude 2

  • From: Francisco Duran <duran AT lcc.uma.es>
  • To: hubert.wagner AT udo.edu
  • Cc: maude-help AT peepal.cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: Re: [Maude-help] Example sequents.maude with Maude 2
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 19:15:44 +0200

Hi Hubert,

Unconditional rules with variables in their righthand sides not appearing in their lefthand sides cannot be executed. The admissibility of conditional rules (equations and memberships) is trickier (look to the Maude manual for a concrete definition). One need strategies for executing non-admissible rules. In Maude 1 the system just not consider them when rewriting. Since Maude 2 the system checks whether the rules are admissible, and gives error messages when they are not, giving error messages like the ones you have got. Maude assumes that those rules that cannot be executed (without strategies) are marked with the nonexec attribute.

Best regards,

Paco Duran

Hubert Wagner wrote:

Hello.

we have tried to run one of the older examples (sequents.maude) with Maude 2.
Here we get the following error message:

mod SEQUENT-RULES-PROP-LOG
Advisory: redefining module SEQUENT-RULES-PROP-LOG.
Warning: "sequents.maude", line 11 (mod SEQUENT-RULES-PROP-LOG): variable P is
used before it is bound in rule:
rl empty => |- (P,~ P) [label Identity] .
Warning: "sequents.maude", line 19 (mod SEQUENT-RULES-PROP-LOG): variable P is
used before it is bound in rule:
rl |- R => |- (P,R) [label Weakening] .

I assume that this example has worked with Maude 1. What are the essential changes in Maude 2 that this
example no longer works with Maude 2? What have I to change in the source code of sequents.maude
so that I can use it with Maude 2?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Hubert Wagner