maude-help - [Maude-help] Lists of lists

[Maude-help] Lists of lists

  • From: "emanuel.kitzelmann AT wiai.uni-bamberg.de" <emanuel.kitzelmann AT wiai.uni-bamberg.de>
  • To: <maude-help AT maude.cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: [Maude-help] Lists of lists
  • Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 00:22:47 -0000

Hi all,

I tried to make a list of lists, e.g., a list of lists of integers:

fmod INTLIST is
including LIST{Int} * (sort NeList{Int} to NeIntList,
sort List{Int} to IntList) .
endfm

view IntList from TRIV to INTLIST is
sort Elt to IntList .
endv

fmod INTLISTLIST is
including LIST{IntList} .
endfm

When loading this file into the Maude interpreter I get:

Advisory: <automatic>: operator nil has been imported from both
"prelude.maude", line 939 (fmod LIST) and "prelude.maude", line 939 (fmod
LIST) with no common ancestor.
Advisory: <automatic>: operator __ has been imported from both
"prelude.maude",
line 940 (fmod LIST) and "prelude.maude", line 940 (fmod LIST) with no
common ancestor.
Advisory: <automatic>: operator append has been imported from both
"prelude.maude", line 948 (fmod LIST) and "prelude.maude", line 948 (fmod
LIST) with no common ancestor.
Advisory: <automatic>: operator head has been imported from both
"prelude.maude", line 953 (fmod LIST) and "prelude.maude", line 953 (fmod
LIST) with no common ancestor.

... and so on (for all operators defined in the LIST container module).

When I rename the operations within the LIST{Int} importation, e.g.,

including LIST{Int} * (sort NeList{Int} to NeIntList,
sort List{Int} to IntList,
op nil to ilnil) .

then the advisories disappear, thus I guessed that it has something to do
with the overloading of the operators which appears when I import two list
instances. But this seems strange to me because when I do this:

fmod LISTS is
including LIST{Int} .
including LIST{Qid} .
endfm

Then I expected the same overloading problems, yet there are no advisories in
this case. So I guess that it has something to do with the two list instances
in the same connected component in the case of lists of lists. But I don't
see the problem. Can someone help?

Best regards,
Emanuel

--
Dipl. Inf. Emanuel Kitzelmann
Dept. of Information Systems and Applied CS

  • [Maude-help] Lists of lists, emanuel.kitzelmann AT wiai.uni-bamberg.de, 12/04/2006