maude-help - Re: [Maude-help] Maude Strategy and Model Checking

Re: [Maude-help] Maude Strategy and Model Checking

  • From: Steven Eker <eker AT csl.sri.com>
  • To: maude-help AT peepal.cs.uiuc.edu, a_hicheur AT yahoo.fr
  • Cc: maude-help AT peepal.cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: Re: [Maude-help] Maude Strategy and Model Checking
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 14:39:44 -0700

The model checker and the strategy language are two completely different
algorithms for exploring the space of possible rewrites and cannot be used in
combination.

The Maude team has discussed the possibility of model checking under various
fixed strategies, such as various formulations of fairness or justice,
however model checking under an arbitrary user defined strategy seems much
harder to implement.

Steven