maude-help - [Maude-help] Nondeterministic Automata in maude?

[Maude-help] Nondeterministic Automata in maude?

  • From: "Manuel Zabelt" <lists.maude AT zabelt.net>
  • To: maude-help AT maude.cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: [Maude-help] Nondeterministic Automata in maude?
  • Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 09:18:18 +0200

Hello all together.

I'm very keen on learning maude. I'm equipped with the "all about maude" book and am pretty excited about the features the language provides. The only trouble I have is, that I don't have the maude-feeling yet. For every problem there seems to exists a million different possibilities on how to express and solve it with maude. I've got a real world problem, that I would like to solve with maude as an exercise. I would be very glad if someone could give me some hints an how to solve it "the maude way".

What I want to do is this:
- define arbitrary non deterministic automata (set of nodes, set of transitions)
- define a configuration of such an automaton to be a set of states
- define the run of an automaton to be a sequence of configurations
- perform automaton-runs by providing a word (list of events) and subsequently transforming the current configuration into a successor configuration for every event in the word (I think, this is where the rewriting capability of maude kicks in, right?)

Things I plan to do, once the basics are up and running:
- enriching the automata by providing variables in the states and variable-constraints and variable-actions on the transitions
- enrich state transitions with side effects
- building some parsing infrastructure for convenient automaton editing

Has anyone done something similar with maude? Am I on the right track choosing maude for this kind of problem?

Thanks for your comments and ideas.

greetings
  Manuel

  • [Maude-help] Nondeterministic Automata in maude?, Manuel Zabelt, 08/05/2008