maude-help - [Maude-help] Model checking for deadlock

[Maude-help] Model checking for deadlock

  • From: Eugen-Ioan Goriac <egoriac AT info.uaic.ro>
  • To: maude-help AT maude.cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: [Maude-help] Model checking for deadlock
  • Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 17:54:22 +0300

Hello,

I was wondering if I could check a model for deadlocks using the provided model-checker(.maude). It's clear that this can be done using the search command (as shown in a simple example below), but is there a way to do it using > red modelCheck(initial, ...) . ?

mod TESTER is
including SATISFACTION .
including LTL-SIMPLIFIER .
including MODEL-CHECKER .
including INT .

ops a b c : -> State .
rl [nexta] : a => b .
rl [nextb] : b => c .
--- rl [nextc] : c => a . --- this rule frees the system from deadlocks

op initial : -> State .
eq initial = b . endm

> search in TESTER : initial =>! S:State .

I'm asking this question because there is a deadlock constant of sort RuleName in the source of the model-checker, but unfortunately I can't find anything about it in the manual.

Thank you very much for your time,
Eugen

  • [Maude-help] Model checking for deadlock, Eugen-Ioan Goriac, 05/30/2009