maude-help - [Maude-help] Question about the number of rewriting ?

[Maude-help] Question about the number of rewriting ?

  • From: Marc Boyer <Marc.Boyer AT onera.fr>
  • To: maude-help AT peepal.cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: [Maude-help] Question about the number of rewriting ?
  • Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 11:28:52 +0200

Dear all,

I have a question about the number of rewriting in an expression.

Assuming I have some operators foo, bar, baz, wihtout
any [memo] attribute and a rule like

eq [foo] : foo( n ) = bar( baz( 0 ) , baz( 0 ) ) .

When applying quation foo on a term, how many evaluations
of baz will occur ? I was expecting two evaluations (since
baz(0) appears twice), but it seems it is done only once.

Is it a feature ? What about more complex patterns (using
the 'if' part of conditionnal equation) ? Is there any
paragrah in the reference manual about it ?

Thanks,
Marc Boyer
--
Marc Boyer, Ingenieur de recherche ONERA
Tel: (33) 5.62.25.26.36 DTIM

  • [Maude-help] Question about the number of rewriting ?, Marc Boyer, 08/31/2009