maude-help - [Maude-help] intermediate states

[Maude-help] intermediate states

  • From: Daniel Romero <danielomarromero AT gmail.com>
  • To: maude-help AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: [Maude-help] intermediate states
  • Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2010 14:40:36 +0200

Hello all

In a previous email (Apr 2007
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/maude-help/2007-April/000207.html),
a member of this list asked about how to get the intermediate states
in a reduction of a term (a reduction that involves just equations).
The answer of Paco was: "There is no way to trace the application of
equations at the metalevel", but he also suggested (as an alternative)
to transform the equations into rules.

I am working in a project to analyze the traces of execution in Maude
(and I want to consider reductions of equations and rules).
First step (off course) is to get the trace :)
Does anyone have any suggestion for doing this?

Besides, the intermediate states are shown when we use the commands
"set trace on" and "set trace whole on", but It is not possible to
access to this trace (at least, I don't know how).

Thanks for any suggestion, comment, line, etc.

Daniel Romero
http://www.dsic.upv.es/~dromero/