maude-help - Re: [Maude-help] parser error/warning messages

Re: [Maude-help] parser error/warning messages

  • From: Steven Eker <eker AT csl.sri.com>
  • To: maude-help AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: Re: [Maude-help] parser error/warning messages
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 16:01:16 -0700

Detecting and graceful recovery from syntax errors in mixfix syntax is not
easy. Currently Maude parsing is in two phases: the first phase recognizes
the
fixed syntax and treats the rest as opaque bubbles. The second parses the
bubbles using a grammar created from the declarations in the fix syntax part.

If you are working in Core Maude then the first phase should pin down the
location of the error fairly accurately. If you have a counterexample, by all
means report it to
maude-bugs AT maude.cs.uiuc.edu
and I'll see what can be done
in improving the over-parsing.

In Full Maude both phases are done using the MSCP10 parser and for the moment
there is not much that can be done. Though I'm curious which features you
need
Full Maude for.

Steven