maude-help - [Maude-help] debian packaging

[Maude-help] debian packaging

  • From: Scott Christley <schristley AT mac.com>
  • To: maude-help AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: [Maude-help] debian packaging
  • Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2011 11:00:53 -0600

Hello,

I would like to let you know that I've written a Debian package for Maude as
part of my participation in Debian-med[1]. This will allow users of Debian
(and Ubuntu) to install a pre-built binary of Maude, with its dependencies
like tecla and bdd, using the standard Debian package manager.

We made just a couple minor changes. One is we added a simple man page for
Maude, we have attached the file so you might consider making it part of your
distribution. Secondly, Debian strictly enforces a FHS policy so files like
prelude.maude, etc., cannot go into /usr/bin. They go into the
architecture-independent area under /usr/share. In order to allow users to
use Maude without requiring MAUDE_LIB to be defined, we made a small patch,
which is attached, so Maude will check the /usr/share are for those files.
You might consider using this patch or something similar in your distribution
(actually you might to make the directory location generalized using
configure).

The package is currently undergoing review, and will be made available in the
"unstable" distribution and eventually the next release of Debian.

cheers
Scott

[1] http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-med/

  • [Maude-help] debian packaging, Scott Christley, 03/01/2011