maude-help - [Maude-help] abstract data types

[Maude-help] abstract data types

  • From: "Morandi Benjamin" <benjamin.morandi AT inf.ethz.ch>
  • To: "maude-help AT cs.uiuc.edu" <maude-help AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: [Maude-help] abstract data types
  • Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 15:49:01 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US, de-CH

Dear All,

We are implementing a structural operational semantics in Maude. In this semantics, the state of a program is modeled as an abstract data type (ADT). The ADT consists of constructors that return a new ADT instance, queries that take an ADT instance to return the state of the instance, and commands that take an ADT instance to return another ADT instance with a modified state. Axioms describe the effect of constructors, commands, and queries.

The OBJECT ADT serves as an example. It has the following query returning the type of an object:

                type: TYPE

It also has a constructor that creates a new instance with a certain type t:

                make: TYPE -> OBJECT

                                axioms

                                                type (make (t:TYPE)) = t

I understand that I should define a functional module for the OBJECT ADT. However, I am not sure how to implement the ADT axioms. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Best regards

Benjamin Morandi