maude-help - Re: [Maude-help] problems loading files

Re: [Maude-help] problems loading files

  • From: Francisco Durán <duran AT lcc.uma.es>
  • To: Ciprian Dragomir <c.dragomir AT sheffield.ac.uk>
  • Cc: maude-help AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: Re: [Maude-help] problems loading files
  • Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 23:35:03 +0100

Hi Ciprian,

In Maude, we distinguish what is called (core) Maude and a reflective extension of it, written in Maude itself,  called Full Maude. Full Maude extends Maude with experimental features, which, with the time, may or may not move to Maude.

Once Full Maude is loaded, the interaction with it is very similar to the interaction with Maude (see the manual for details), being the main difference that each module and command must be between parentheses. Every time Maude sees any text between parentheses, it passes it to the loop object, which is controlled by Full Maude in case it has been loaded and is active.

What is happening to you is that your modules are between parentheses but you have not loaded Full Maude. Nevertheless, I don't think you need it, at least for the modules you sent. I'd say you can either removes the parentheses around your modules or load Full Maude before the files.

Cheers,

Francisco