maude-help - Re: [Maude-help] Subterm sharing in Maude

Re: [Maude-help] Subterm sharing in Maude

  • From: Marc Boyer <Marc.Boyer AT onera.fr>
  • To: maude-help AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: Re: [Maude-help] Subterm sharing in Maude
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 17:35:01 +0100

Le 16/03/2012 13:48, Iago Abal a écrit :
Unfortunately, when reducing the term «a * (a+i1)» Maude is going to
apply the equation «a = i1 + i2» twice, duplicating the definition of
«a». Here we would need Maude to dynamically detect sharing
opportunities, but as far as we know this is not possible. Due to this
limitation we are considering implementing our own term-graph rewriting
engine.

I am not sure to fully understand your needs, but, did you consider
the memo attribute ? It does not save space bu save time. You can also
consider the evaluation strategy ?

Regards,
Marc Boyer
--
Marc Boyer, Ingenieur de recherche ONERA
Tel: (33) 5.62.25.26.36 DTIM