maude-help - Re: [Maude-help] Help in the installation of maude

Re: [Maude-help] Help in the installation of maude

  • From: Daniel Romero <danielomarromero AT gmail.com>
  • To: Sandeep Soni <soni.sandeepb AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: maude-help AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: Re: [Maude-help] Help in the installation of maude
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 14:57:17 -0400

On 04/10/2012 02:46 PM, Sandeep Soni wrote:
On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 12:10 AM, Sandeep
Soni<soni.sandeepb AT gmail.com>
wrote:
On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 11:48 PM, Steven
Eker<eker AT csl.sri.com>
wrote:
Hard to say without see the output of the tests. It looks like Maude is
failing generally which could be as simple as it not being able to find the
prelude. Could you load tests/Builtin/nat.maude into your installed version
of Maude and send me the result.

Steven

Sorry for asking a very naive question. I have never used Maude before
and I am not completely sure if maude has even been installed on my
system. In the INSTALL file that came with the sources, it was said
that the binary files are installed in the $(bindir) but I have not
been able to understand what $(bindir) is pointing to in my case.

Precisely, I have followed the following steps.

$> tar -xvf Maude
$> cd Maude
$> ./configure
$> make
$> make check
$> make install

In such a case, if maude is at all installed, where should I expect it
to be installed? If Maude is indeed correctly installed and I come to
know where is it installed, I will be able to run maude and load the
module that you said.

--
Cheers
Sandy

Btw, executing the command maude from the linux shell gives me the
following error
maude: error while loading shared libraries: libbdd.so.0: cannot open

I am user of Maude and I have always used the precompiler version of Maude without problems. Did you tried this?

D.