maude-help - Re: [Maude-help] Search for best outcome

Re: [Maude-help] Search for best outcome

  • From: Javi Espert <jespert AT dsic.upv.es>
  • To: Matthew Rocklin <mrocklin AT cs.uchicago.edu>
  • Cc: maude-help AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: Re: [Maude-help] Search for best outcome
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 17:42:51 +0200

Hi,

2012/5/10 Matthew Rocklin <mrocklin AT cs.uchicago.edu>
Hi Everyone,

I have a system module which produces a finite set of terminating states for a given input.
I also have a quality function that maps these states to a Float.

Is there a simple way to ask Maude to search for and return the best terminal state under this quality function?

Assuming that there is a finite number of final states, the naïve approach of computing the full set of answers and then selecting the best should work. It's not really that hard, but it requires a minimal competence with Maude's meta-level and more specifically with metaSearch. Have a look at the relevant sections of the manual for more information.

More complex - is there a way to use this quality function to speed up the search process. I.e. can I have Maude give up searching down paths that seem poor quality.

AFAIK, no.

Good luck,
Javi Espert