maude-help - [Maude-help] Questions to Maudes Basic Functions

[Maude-help] Questions to Maudes Basic Functions

  • From: "J.Hofmann" <jacky.hofmann AT gmx.de>
  • To: <maude-help AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: [Maude-help] Questions to Maudes Basic Functions
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 10:00:16 +0200

Hi everyone,

this is my first time I’m using a mailing list, hope I’m doing everything right.

I’m an absolute newbie to Maude, and still I don’t know the basic functions. Perhaps you could answer me (because via Google, I wasn’t able to solve my problems).

Is there any shortcut to stop Maude from reducing a module? (If it’s lasting > 5 Minutes, I would like to stop it manually, but I don’t know how)

Is it somehow possible to use a synthesized function right away? For example, after having reduced a module, to use/test it with any input?

(I think about like in Haskell for example, where I can just type at the prompt something like “add 1 2” and then the result is displayed.)

And last but not least: I found the website http://maude.cs.uiuc.edu/maude2-manual/html/maude-manualch18.html, where is stated, that for example the command “-help” lists some kind of help.

But I tried commands like “-help .”, “help .” etc., but always got the error

Warning: <standard input>, line 5: skipped unexpected token: -help

Warning: <standard input>, line 5: syntax error

So hoping you can help me!

Thank you very much in advance!

Best wishes,

Jacqueline