maude-help - [Maude-help] Step all states in a set as a function.

[Maude-help] Step all states in a set as a function.

  • From: "J. Ian Johnson" <ianj AT ccs.neu.edu>
  • To: maude-help AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: [Maude-help] Step all states in a set as a function.
  • Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 11:40:55 -0400 (EDT)

I'm trying to make a widened version of a reduction relation I have that does
several reductions as one step.
1) I don't see any way in the syntax to capture all the states that something
could reduce to.
2) What is the proper way to iterate over a finite set? Order doesn't matter,
but I want to commit to a single order to avoid an explosion.

The gist is I have a nondeterministic semantics in CESK machine style < c, e,
s, k > that gets injected into a deterministic semantics that has a set of
seen states, a set of states to do (without an s component) and a shared s
component. A single step in this machine will associate the s component with
every state in the todo set, use the CESK semantics to step them all (to all
their possibilities), get the least upper bound of all their s components
(s'), add the resulting states with s' to the seen set, and make the new todo
set the states that weren't already seen.

I can write the LUB and other functions just fine, but the "all
possibilities" part along with a chosen order to recur over a set are eluding
me in this language. Is this possible?

-Ian