maude-help - Re: [Maude-help] Newbie question: indexed sorts?

Re: [Maude-help] Newbie question: indexed sorts?

  • From: Steven Eker <eker AT csl.sri.com>
  • To: maude-help AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: Re: [Maude-help] Newbie question: indexed sorts?
  • Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2014 15:17:31 -0800

No - you would have to encode the notion of sorts in some way. Maude sorts are stored as 16-bit signed numbers so there is a hard limit of 32767 user sorts per connected component. The expectation is that the number of sorts per component will be significantly smaller than this for real code. The subsort relation is encoded using bit vectors and there is a performance hit for more than 63 user sort per component (on a 64-bit machine) and the sorting function for an operator is encoded using an ordered decision diagram (which could in principle be exponential in the number of arguments).

Steven