maude-help - [Maude-help] File I/O

[Maude-help] File I/O

  • From: Konrad Hinsen <konrad.hinsen AT fastmail.net>
  • To: maude-help AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: [Maude-help] File I/O
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 18:36:55 +0200

Hi everyone,

I am exploring Maude with the intention to use it for defining
scientific models in computational physics and chemistry. One
very pragmatic problem I run into is that I don't see how I can
get any data from a file into Maude. The manual somehow hints at
using "external objects" but doesn't give a concrete example.

My goal is to build a term representing a molecular structure from a
file describing that molecular structure, and then modify this term
using rewrite rules. Are there examples somewhere for something along
these lines?

Konrad.