maude-help - [Maude-help] New variables in rule righthand side

[Maude-help] New variables in rule righthand side

  • From: Diego Marcia <gpimple AT gmail.com>
  • To: maude-help AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: [Maude-help] New variables in rule righthand side
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 20:27:42 +0100

Hi,
From maude-manual I read that Conditional Rules are subject to "no restriction on which new variables may appear in the righthand side or the condition".
I'm currently trying to pursue a kind of Invariants Model Checking using meta-level operations such as metaSearch and up/downTerm, but when I try to describe the term I'm searching for using new variables I get the error:
variable MyV:MySort is used before it is bound in rule: <MyRule>
I don't get that. Can someone please explain it to me?

Thanks a lot

--
Diego Marcia