maude-help - [Maude-help] Embedding or calling Maude

[Maude-help] Embedding or calling Maude

  • From: Konrad Hinsen <konrad.hinsen AT fastmail.net>
  • To: StUstD <stustd AT gmail.com>, maude-help AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: [Maude-help] Embedding or calling Maude
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2015 10:17:16 +0100

StUstD writes:

> Is it possible to embed/call (running) Maude into/from an
> application written in another language. This way applications
> immediately capitalize (logic and execution wise) on Maude's
> powerful modeling capabilities...

>From the Unix shell point of view, Maude is just a program reading
from standard input and writing to the standard output and standard
error streams. Most programming languages propose library functions to
call such programs as subprocesses.

The hard part is converting information to and from Maude syntax
to make this useful. I have played with the idea of writing a
Python library for this purpose, but haven't yet found the time
to consider this idea more seriously. If anyone knows of similar
projects, I'd be interested.

Konrad.