maude-help - [[Maude-help] ] multiple distinct parses for statement

[[Maude-help] ] multiple distinct parses for statement

  • From: <rainer.mann.rm AT gmx.de>
  • To: maude-help AT lists.cs.illinois.edu
  • Subject: [[Maude-help] ] multiple distinct parses for statement
  • Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2019 15:12:59 -0600

I am leaning Maude from the book "Designing Reliable Distributed Systems" by
Peter Csaba Ölveczky, https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-1-4471-6687-0

I made a simple specification which is a simplification of an example provided
on page 15 of the book.

fmod BOOLEAN is
sort Boolean .
ops true false : -> Boolean [ctor] .
op not_ : Boolean -> Boolean [prec 53] .

eq not false = true .
eq not true = false .
endfm

Warning: "boolean.maude", line 6 (fmod BOOLEAN): multiple distinct parses for
statement
eq not false = true .

What's going on here?

Thanks