maude-help - [[Maude-help] ] bounded search without intermediate results

[[Maude-help] ] bounded search without intermediate results

  • From: <hcantunc AT gmail.com>
  • To: maude-help AT lists.cs.illinois.edu
  • Subject: [[Maude-help] ] bounded search without intermediate results
  • Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2019 15:08:45 -0600

Hello,

I have some search statement as the following:

search [, 100000] <some very long expression> =>* A::SomeSort such that
A::SomeSort =/= cnd .

The specification is not Church-Rosser and terminating, therefore there's no
unique normal form.
When I execute the above statement, I get a lot of intermediate solutions
since the condition '=/= cnd' is not very selective. But what I'm actually
interested in extracting is the terms which cannot be reduced further and the
leaf nodes in the search tree at the given maximum depth. I am wondering if
there's a way to achieve this.

Thank you.