maude-help - Re: [[maude-help] ] Rewriting modulo [nonexec] equation

Re: [[maude-help] ] Rewriting modulo [nonexec] equation

  • From: Paco Durán <duran AT lcc.uma.es>
  • To: Petar <paradzik42 AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: Francisco Durán <duran AT lcc.uma.es>, maude-help AT lists.cs.illinois.edu
  • Subject: Re: [[maude-help] ] Rewriting modulo [nonexec] equation
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2021 10:43:34 +0200

Operators with the nonexec attribute are ignored for rewriting
(https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://maude.lcc.uma.es/maude31-manual-html/maude-manualch4.html*x19-590004.5.3__;Iw!!DZ3fjg!taNfjmIqt_LJqF8OZZ9TPSNJuTtpL2C83jY5mcnBFP3NzB6MgH9oZqcGEo4l5XsCkH-g6jLpB47j$
). You can use the attribute, but it wouldn't have the behavior I think you
expect. And if you leave the eq without the attribute you clearly get into a
non-terminating spec.

Best,

Francisco