nl-uiuc - [nl-uiuc] The NLP lunch is starting up again!

nl-uiuc AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Natural language research announcements

[nl-uiuc] The NLP lunch is starting up again!

  • From: Julia Hockenmaier <juliahmr AT illinois.edu>
  • To: nlp-lunch AT cs.uiuc.edu, nl-uiuc AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: [nl-uiuc] The NLP lunch is starting up again!
  • Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 16:53:43 -0500

The NLP lunch is starting again tomorrow.

This semester, we are meeting Tuesdays 2pm-3pm in 3403 Siebel Center.
Our website is still at http://nlp.cs.uiuc.edu/lunch.html
Please email me (juliahmr AT illinois.edu) if you would like to give a talk.

For those of you who don't know about it, last fall we started a weekly Speech
and Natural Language Processing Lunch as a forum for the
Speech and NLP community at Illinois to exchange ideas and to
socialize. Every week, one of us (grad student, postdoc, or faculty)
gives a brief, informal talk about their current
research (the original target was 20 minutes, but with
questions it usually takes up the whole hour).

Please forward this message to any of your students/postdocs/
colleagues who you think might be interested to join us, sign up for
our mailing list at http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/mailman/listinfo/nlp-
lunch, and send me
(juliahmr AT illinois.edu)
an email if you want to
give a talk!

(As you can see from our schedule, we need speakers for this semester!)

Julia

--
Julia Hockenmaier
Computer Science, University of Illinois;

  • [nl-uiuc] The NLP lunch is starting up again!, Julia Hockenmaier, 08/31/2009