nl-uiuc - [nl-uiuc] Regarding AIIS talks.

nl-uiuc AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Natural language research announcements

[nl-uiuc] Regarding AIIS talks.

  • From: Rajhans Samdani <rsamdan2 AT illinois.edu>
  • To: aivr AT cs.uiuc.edu, dais AT cs.uiuc.edu, cogcomp AT cs.uiuc.edu, vision AT cs.uiuc.edu, aiis AT cs.uiuc.edu, nl-uiuc AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: [nl-uiuc] Regarding AIIS talks.
  • Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 18:18:35 -0600 (CST)

Hi All,

It has been a while since the Spring semester started but the AIIS seminar
hasn't taken off for this semester. The AIIS seminar is scheduled for every
Friday at 2 pm; and currently we have just two slots filled - 2'nd and 23'rd
April (Hal Daume for the former and Jason Balridge for the latter slot).

The point of this email is that a lot of us are doing interesting work
related to AI and have published good papers; however, not many of us are
aware of what people in other groups (or even other people in the same group)
are doing. So in the weeks when we don't have talks by "outside" people, we
would like to arrange talks by our own students and faculty doing research
related to AI.
Please consider presenting your work; this is going to be a symbiotic process
helping both the presenter and the audience.

So we need volunteers who would like to present their work/papers starting
this Friday; email me if you are interested!

Thanks very much!
Regards,
Rajhans Samdani

Rajhans Samdani,
Graduate Student,
Dept. of Computer Science,
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.

  • [nl-uiuc] Regarding AIIS talks., Rajhans Samdani, 02/21/2010