nl-uiuc - [nl-uiuc] job opening

nl-uiuc AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Natural language research announcements

[nl-uiuc] job opening

  • From: Tong Zhang <zhang_t AT yahoo.com>
  • To: nl-uiuc AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: [nl-uiuc] job opening
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 11:18:50 -0700 (PDT)

Hello All,

FactSet Research Systems, Inc., a leading provider of financial data and analytics, is hiring software Engineer in the field of NLP. Below is the job description. In case you're interested, please contact the human resource or my group manager Eiji Nishimoto (enishimoto AT factset.com) directly.

University or Organization: FactSet Research Systems Inc.
Department: Software Engineering
Job Location: New York, USA
Web Address: http://www.factset.com
Job Rank: Software Engineer
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Natural Language Processing

FactSet is currently seeking a talented and motivated person to join the
Parsing Team within the Content Collection Services (CCS) department. The
CCS department is responsible for the internal processing and delivery of
financial data that supports FactSet client needs. The primary
responsibility for this position will be the development and maintenance of
systems for processing financial data, with a focus on natural language
text analysis.

FactSet is headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and employs over 2,000
people in North America, Europe, and the Pacific Rim. Since 1996, FactSet
has been publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol
FDS. Although FactSet now has users in all corners of the world, we have
not lost our original focus: that our clients are always our top priority.
To find out more about the opportunities FactSet has to offer you, please
visit us at http://www.factset.com/careers

An ideal candidate for this position has a good mix of technical and
analytical skills for software development, as well as a research-oriented
background suitable for developing novel solutions for language processing
tasks.

Required Qualifications:
- Perl
- Unix / Linux
- Problem-solving skills
- Advanced data structures and algorithms
- Natural Language Processing / Computational Linguistics
- BS / MS / PhD in Computer Science or equivalent

Desired Qualifications:
- Machine Learning / Data Mining
- SQL / Database development
- Java / C / C++
- Financial / Investment / Business knowledge

FactSet Research Systems Inc. is an EOE/M/F/D/V Employer which strongly
supports diversity in the workforce.
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Email Address for Applications: SMcDermottfactset.com
Contact Information:
Sean McDermott, Human Resources
Email: SMcDermottfactset.com

Thanks!

--Deborah Zhang

  • [nl-uiuc] job opening, Tong Zhang, 04/28/2010