nl-uiuc - [nl-uiuc] AIIS talk by Chad Cumby on March 11

nl-uiuc AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Natural language research announcements

[nl-uiuc] AIIS talk by Chad Cumby on March 11

  • From: Rajhans Samdani <rsamdan2 AT illinois.edu>
  • Subject: [nl-uiuc] AIIS talk by Chad Cumby on March 11
  • Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 13:27:38 -0600 (CST)

Hi all,

This week we have Chad Cumby from Accenture speaking at the AIIS seminar.
Details are...

When: Friday 2 pm, March 11.

Where: Siebel Center, 3405.

Title: Business Applications of Text Mining and Machine Learning

Abstract:
In this talk I’ll describe our research group at Accenture Labs, and give a
survey of
several pilot applications that we have worked on collaboratively with
clients in
different industries and with internal groups at Accenture. Accenture
Technology
Labs is the dedicated R&D organization for the company with locations in
Chicago,
San Jose, Bangalore, and (now also!) Beijing. Some examples of projects I’ll
talk
about are: automatic extraction of product catalogs and attributes from Ebay
auction
text using semi-supervised learning, active learning for flagging insurance
claim
payment errors, and improving enterprise content search systems with
personalization.

Hoping to see you all,
Rajhans

Rajhans Samdani,
Graduate Student,
Dept. of Computer Science,
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.

  • [nl-uiuc] AIIS talk by Chad Cumby on March 11, Rajhans Samdani, 03/07/2011