nl-uiuc - [nl-uiuc] Reminder: AIIS talk by Chad Cumby _Today_

nl-uiuc AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Natural language research announcements

[nl-uiuc] Reminder: AIIS talk by Chad Cumby _Today_

  • From: Yonatan Bisk <yonatan AT yonatanbisk.com>
  • To: Rajhans Samdani <rsamdan2 AT illinois.edu>
  • Subject: [nl-uiuc] Reminder: AIIS talk by Chad Cumby _Today_
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 12:38:31 -0600

Hi all,

This week we have Chad Cumby from Accenture speaking at the AIIS
seminar. Details are...

When: _Today_ 2 pm, March 11.

Where: Siebel Center, 3405.

Title: Business Applications of Text Mining and Machine Learning

Abstract:
In this talk I’ll describe our research group at Accenture Labs, and
give a survey of several pilot applications that we have worked on
collaboratively with clients in different industries and with internal
groups at Accenture.  Accenture Technology Labs is the dedicated R&D
organization for the company with locations in Chicago, San Jose,
Bangalore, and (now also!) Beijing.  Some examples of projects I’ll
talk about are:  automatic extraction of product catalogs and
attributes from Ebay auction text using semi-supervised learning,
active learning for flagging insurance claim payment errors, and
improving enterprise content search systems with personalization.

--

- Yonatan -

  • [nl-uiuc] Reminder: AIIS talk by Chad Cumby _Today_, Yonatan Bisk, 03/11/2011