nl-uiuc - [[nl-uiuc] ] AIIS: Yonatan Bisk - Friday, May 13, 11am

nl-uiuc AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Natural language research announcements

[[nl-uiuc] ] AIIS: Yonatan Bisk - Friday, May 13, 11am

  • From: "Hockenmaier, Julia" <juliahmr AT illinois.edu>
  • To: “aiis AT cs.uiuc.edu” <aiis AT cs.uiuc.edu>, “vision AT cs.uiuc.edu” <vision AT cs.uiuc.edu>, “nl-uiuc AT cs.uiuc.edu” <nl-uiuc AT cs.uiuc.edu>, "dais AT cs.uiuc.edu" <dais AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: [[nl-uiuc] ] AIIS: Yonatan Bisk - Friday, May 13, 11am
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2016 03:17:17 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Title:        Natural Language Communication with Computers
Speaker: Yonatan Bisk
When:     Fri, May 13, 11am
Where:    3405 Siebel Center

Abstract:
We propose a framework for devising testable algorithms for bridging the communication gap between humans and robots.  We begin with a setting in which humans give instructions to robots using unrestricted language commands, with instruction sequences aimed at building complex goal configurations in a blocks world.  I will present details of our data-collection effort, and preliminary results on action understanding.  Time permitting, I will present new baseline results for flipping the semantic parsing paradigm to address the problem of language generation, where a human performs commands produced by a machine to demonstrate basic two-way communication.

Bio:
Yonatan Bisk received his PhD from UIUC in 2015 under Professor Julia Hockenmaier and is now a Postdoc with Daniel Marcu at ISI.

  • [[nl-uiuc] ] AIIS: Yonatan Bisk - Friday, May 13, 11am, Hockenmaier, Julia, 05/09/2016