nl-uiuc - [[nl-uiuc] ] Research Associate (postdoc) in Machine Translation at the University of Edinburgh

nl-uiuc AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Natural language research announcements

[[nl-uiuc] ] Research Associate (postdoc) in Machine Translation at the University of Edinburgh

  • From: "Schwartz, Lane Oscar" <lanes AT illinois.edu>
  • To: "nl-uiuc AT cs.uiuc.edu" <nl-uiuc AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: [[nl-uiuc] ] Research Associate (postdoc) in Machine Translation at the University of Edinburgh
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2016 23:58:42 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kenneth Heafield <moses AT kheafield.com>
Date: Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 3:45 PM
To: "moses-support AT mit.edu" <moses-support AT mit.edu>

I am hiring a Research Associate (informally, a postdoc) to join the
machine translation group at the University of Edinburgh.

Salary: £31,656 - £37,768 per annum

Closing Date: Thursday 13th October 2016 at 5pm (GMT)

Apply:
https://www.vacancies.ed.ac.uk/pls/corehrrecruit/erq_jobspec_version_4.jobspec?p_id=037377

Research associates typically have, or are near completing, a PhD in
Computer Science or a related area.

The research topic is negotiable rather than restricted to a particular
grant.  We are interested in neural machine models, efficiency, and
applications to grammatical error correction or speech.  With over 20
machine translation researchers, there are plenty of opportunities to
collaborate.

Start date is flexible.  The position is initially offered for 1 year,
with the intention that it be extended subject to progress and funding.
If you require a work visa, the university now pays for application fees.

Happy applying,

Kenneth Heafield
Lecturer (Assistant Professor in en-US), University of Edinburgh

P.S. The system does show me your applications until 13 October, but
feel free to contact me.

  • [[nl-uiuc] ] Research Associate (postdoc) in Machine Translation at the University of Edinburgh, Schwartz, Lane Oscar, 09/26/2016