patterns-discussion - [patterns-discussion] Towards EduPLoP at OOPSLA

Subject: General talk about software patterns

[patterns-discussion] Towards EduPLoP at OOPSLA

  • From: Joseph Bergin <berginf AT pace.edu>
  • To: patterns-discussion AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: [patterns-discussion] Towards EduPLoP at OOPSLA
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 20:47:50 -0400

Title: Towards EduPLoP at OOPSLA
At OOPSLA 2003 in Anaheim, four of us are leading a workshop to discuss the possibility of holding a patterns conference (a PLoP) directed at educators and students. The workshop will discuss both the feasibility and the possible format of such an "EduPLoP".  It could include standard patterns workshops for patterns submitted by students and/or faculty, it could have sessions/BOFs for introducing patterns into the curriculum, or whatever else the participants can think of.

If you will be coming to OOPSLA (http://oopsla.org) and are interested in education then consider attending the workshop. We have a brief write up at http://csis.pace.edu/~bergin/towardEduPLoP/

Let me know if you are interested.  Let me know even if you are interested but won't be at OOPSLA.

Joe

--
Joseph Bergin, Professor
Pace University, Computer Science, One Pace Plaza, NY NY 10038

  • [patterns-discussion] Towards EduPLoP at OOPSLA, Joseph Bergin, 09/16/2003