patterns-discussion - RE: [patterns-discussion] Erich Gamma quote

Subject: General talk about software patterns

RE: [patterns-discussion] Erich Gamma quote

  • From: Christophe Addinquy <Christophe.Addinquy AT valtech.fr>
  • To: "'Arno Haase '" <Arno.Haase AT Haase-Consulting.com>, "'Patterns-Discussion '" <patterns-discussion AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: [patterns-discussion] Erich Gamma quote
  • Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 10:35:53 +0100

Title: RE: [patterns-discussion] Erich Gamma quote

Hi,

I rember something about it. I think it was a mail on this mailing or the GoF mailing list in 97 or 98.

As far as I remember the reason was that using singleton leads to a poor structure (no real relationships btw classes).

He also said that he would also removed ... the Visitor !

It's just what I remind. Take it with caution.

CA