patterns-discussion - [patterns-discussion] Shepherding for SugarLoaf PLoP

Subject: General talk about software patterns

[patterns-discussion] Shepherding for SugarLoaf PLoP

  • From: Eugene Wallingford <wallingf AT cs.uni.edu>
  • To: patterns-discussion AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: [patterns-discussion] Shepherding for SugarLoaf PLoP
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 14:29:29 -0500

Hello!

Paulo Borba and I, co-chairs of this year's SugarLoaf PLoP,
are in the process of soliciting shepherds for this year's
submissions. The submission deadline for 2004's writers
workshops is today, April 30. In the past, the number of
shepherds for the conference have been small, and several
were students with relatively little patterns experience.
Paulo and I hope to beef up this year's pool.

If you are willing and able to shepherd for SugarLoaf PLoP
this year, please let me know by e-mail, and we will be
sure to contact you again soon with information about
submissions. If you know someone else whom you think would
make a good shepherd, please consider asking him or her,
or send me an e-mail address so that I can send an invitation.

Shepherding is an essential element of the patterns community,
and one that distinguishes it from many others. Thank you
for considering helping.

---- Eugene Wallingford, co-chair of SugarLoaf PLoP 2004

  • [patterns-discussion] Shepherding for SugarLoaf PLoP, Eugene Wallingford, 04/30/2004