patterns-discussion - Re: [patterns-discussion] Homoiconicity Pattern Language?

Subject: General talk about software patterns

Re: [patterns-discussion] Homoiconicity Pattern Language?

  • From: Ralph Johnson <johnson AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • To: beedlem AT e-architects.com, patterns-discussion AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [patterns-discussion] Homoiconicity Pattern Language?
  • Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 04:53:23 -0500 (CDT)

I have never heard of the word "homoiconic" before.
I know the idea pretty well, so I checked on google
to see whether it was a new term. It turns out that
it was used in Alan Kay's PhD thesis in 1969! So,
I wonder why I haven't seen it before? Perhaps the
word just never caught on.

Needless to say, I have never seen a pattern language
for it.

-Ralph