patterns-discussion - RE: [patterns-discussion] Pattern-Oriented Programming

Subject: General talk about software patterns

RE: [patterns-discussion] Pattern-Oriented Programming

  • From: "Sriram Gopalan" <Sriram.Gopalan AT agile.com>
  • To: "Ralph Johnson" <johnson AT cs.uiuc.edu>, "Pascal Costanza" <pascal AT p-cos.net>
  • Cc: Mike Beedle <beedlem AT e-architects.com>, patterns-discussion AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: RE: [patterns-discussion] Pattern-Oriented Programming
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 09:42:11 -0700

A week away from the presidential elections, I couldn't help but see the
similarities between that and the topic under discussion.

For most (application) software companies today, there are only two options
for programming languages - J2EE and .NET. Neither of these are
programming languages, but try telling that to the marketing folks!

- Sriram Gopalan