patterns-discussion - [patterns-discussion] ChiliPLoP 2005 - Hot Topic Invitation

Subject: General talk about software patterns

[patterns-discussion] ChiliPLoP 2005 - Hot Topic Invitation

  • From: AmiR RaveH <amirr AT netvision.net.il>
  • To: patterns-discussion AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: [patterns-discussion] ChiliPLoP 2005 - Hot Topic Invitation
  • Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 16:19:51 +0200

(Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this Call for Participation)   "Hardware: those parts of the system you can kick.

 Software: those parts of the system you can merely curse" (anon).

  ChiliPLoP2005 Hot Topic - Call for Participation   At the coming ChiliPLoP (March 22-25) we are going to hold a Hot Topic on the subject of Design for Maintainability - Maintainability by Design   We believe that maintainability is the next evolutionary step of software design: With the technological advances and the expansion of computer literacy today’s customers and end users set their expectations higher then the previous generations. Customers want the product to meet their needs, wants and passions throughout its useful life.   This next evolutionary phase, focused on making the useful product maintainable throughout its life cycle is the center of our Hot Topic workshop.   Our hot topic will explore questions such as: - How can we improve maintainability? - What would you change in the design of a product so it could get better support, once deployed? - How can we help the people who work on product development to become more familiar with the deployment environment – the users, the ecosystem they live in, their needs, wants and pains? - How should we work with various disciplines (e.g. marketing, documentation, training, quality assurance and product design) throughout product development so we can provide better solutions to maintainability issues? - How can we improve feedback throughout the various phases in the product development process?   We'll be glad to see you there! Amir & Ofra   * You are already welcome to discuss the patterns and thumbnails and possibly propose more patterns on the Hillside Wiki (http://hillside.net/Wiki/wiki.cgi?D4MMbD).   * You can find more information at http://hillside.net/chiliplop/2005/design_maintainability.htm   IMPORTANT DATES
Position papers due                 Feb 12
Early registration ends            Feb 15
ChiliPLoP2005                       Mar 22-25
  CONTACT INFORMATION Ofra - tngt AT netvision.net.il Amir - amirr AT netvision.net.il

  • [patterns-discussion] ChiliPLoP 2005 - Hot Topic Invitation, AmiR RaveH, 02/04/2005