patterns-discussion - RE: [patterns-discussion] how to implement design patterns using clanguage

Subject: General talk about software patterns

RE: [patterns-discussion] how to implement design patterns using clanguage

  • From: "MATHUS Baptiste" <mathus.b AT mipih.fr>
  • To: <patterns-discussion AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: [patterns-discussion] how to implement design patterns using clanguage
  • Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 12:14:28 +0200

Well, I'd recommend you having a look at how the graphical toolkit GTK do it.
It's mainly written in pure C and is said to be object-oriented
architectured, so maybe you could
learn from it. http://www.gtk.org/

Second, for example, I grabbed it on google :
http://www.accu.org/acornsig/public/articles/oop_c.html
(http://www.google.com/search?q=C+object-oriented). I seem to remember one of
the main principle used in object-oriented C is to declare structures
containing data, and pointers to your functions (i.e. methods).

Obviously, I think you'll miss real encapsulation, 'cause you there's no
visibility level that you can
set in C. But that's already a good start.

Hope this helps.

@++
Baptiste

  • RE: [patterns-discussion] how to implement design patterns using clanguage, MATHUS Baptiste, 05/03/2006