patterns-discussion - Re: [patterns-discussion] Seeking co-organizer for Web 2.0 pattern mining workshop

Subject: General talk about software patterns

Re: [patterns-discussion] Seeking co-organizer for Web 2.0 pattern mining workshop

  • From: "Joseph W. Yoder" <joe AT joeyoder.com>
  • To: Christian Crumlish <xian AT yahoo-inc.com>, Dragos Manolescu <dmanoles AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: patterns-discussion AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: Re: [patterns-discussion] Seeking co-organizer for Web 2.0 pattern mining workshop
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 16:36:25 -0600

Ditto Dragos....I would be interested too but as you know...I'm in the middle of the US :-).

--joe

At 05:23 PM 2/12/2008, Christian Crumlish wrote:
I would be interested in discussing this with you, although I am not connected with Europe and am interested primarily in HCI patterns (in your parlance, UI or interaction patterns in mine). I did just review O'Reilly's Web 2.0 Patterns book and am in the process of documenting rich, social, and open patterns for Yahoo! and with the larger web designer/developer community.

    --xian

Dragos Manolescu wrote:

I am looking for a seasoned patterns person to team up with me on
co-
organizing a Web 2.0 pattern mining workshop. I've been
contemplating
this idea for a while. At OOPSLA I reviewed a draft workshop
proposal
with Bertrand Meyer who asked me to submit it to TOOLS 2008.
Consequently I prefer someone well-connected with the European
patterns community, as well as available in the first week of July.
If you're interested please follow up with me; the deadline is
around
the corner.

Thanks,

-Dragos