patterns-discussion - [patterns-discussion] Tool support for pattern based design

Subject: General talk about software patterns

[patterns-discussion] Tool support for pattern based design

  • From: James Siddle <james.siddle AT uk.ibm.com>
  • To: patterns-discussion AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: [patterns-discussion] Tool support for pattern based design
  • Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 08:41:52 +0000

I'm interested to learn if anyone in the patterns community knows of tools to support software design using patterns. Specifically, are there any tools that simplify the process of knowing which patterns to include in a particular design, and do any of those tools incorporate pattern concepts such as pattern languages, pattern stories, etc?

The reason I ask is because I want to create something like this for my Software Engineering MSc project. At the moment I am planning to focus solely on design support, rather than the automatic generation of artefacts such as source code. My project is in the early phases of development, so I'd like to know what (if any) overlap may exist between the tool I have in mind and other tools that may have been created.

Any help appreciated,

Kind regards,
Jim

Best regards,