patterns-discussion - [patterns-discussion] any helpful idea on implementation of a complex scientific class? (C++)

Subject: General talk about software patterns

[patterns-discussion] any helpful idea on implementation of a complex scientific class? (C++)

  • From: Shijing Lu <shijing.lu AT gmail.com>
  • To: patterns-discussion AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: [patterns-discussion] any helpful idea on implementation of a complex scientific class? (C++)
  • Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 15:21:36 +0900

Dear all:
  • I have a class named "A". Originally it has five members, but later I add or delete some members of it. Then I have to rewrite its save and load function. Then it can not load former saved files.
  • Some times I combine data and functions in a single class which has multitudinous functions. Some functions therein have similar but slightly different codes, for example. _calculateKinecitcEnergy() and _calculateTotalEnergy(). Both functions have a time consuming loop, so it is impossible to call the former one from the later on, therefore I have to write some pieces of codes at least twice in one class. Every time when I modify the class, it is exaustive to search around class for similar codes.
  • Is there any effective and concise design for this?
Thank you in advance.

  • [patterns-discussion] any helpful idea on implementation of a complex scientific class? (C++), Shijing Lu, 03/21/2009