patterns-discussion - Re: [patterns-discussion] [ace-users] Design patterns in C

Subject: General talk about software patterns

Re: [patterns-discussion] [ace-users] Design patterns in C

  • From: Sreejith <sreejithsmadhavan AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Douglas C. Schmidt" <schmidt AT dre.vanderbilt.edu>
  • Cc: ace-users AT list.isis.vanderbilt.edu, patterns-discussion AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: Re: [patterns-discussion] [ace-users] Design patterns in C
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2009 17:45:05 +0530

>> Hi Folks,
>>
>> I'm going to be giving a tutorial soon that describes how
>> various design
>> patterns can be implemented in C for a company that develops a lot
> of
>> networked embedded systems in C.  I've put drafts of my tutorial
> notes
>> at
>>
>> http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~schmidt/1-patterns-overview.pdf
>> http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~schmidt/2-C-overview.pdf
>> http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~schmidt/3-C-GoF-patterns.pdf
>> http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~schmidt/4-C-POSA-patterns.pdf
>>
>> I would welcome any suggestions for improvement - particularly wrt
> the
>> examples I've chosen to illustrate the GoF patterns in C in the
>> 3-C-GoF-patterns.pdf file.
>>
>> Thanks very much,
>>
>>         Doug

It will be good if you can discuss a resource management
pattern in the presentation which is quite commenly found in Networked
Embedded Systems. I am currently investigating few patterns for my
project in Automotive sector (Networked ECUs on CAN network). I
couldn't find much resources to study about patterns for resource
management in a distributed architecture. One of the apllication of
the Pattern would be in on-road and 0ff road vehicles where Display
and Audio Resources will be shared amoung the othe ECUs in the
network.

-Sreejith