patterns-discussion - Re: [patterns-discussion] Pattern Repositories

Subject: General talk about software patterns

Re: [patterns-discussion] Pattern Repositories

  • From: "Christian Kruschitz" <christian.kruschitz AT gmail.com>
  • To: "'Christian Crumlish'" <xian AT yahoo-inc.com>, "'Hanmer, Robert S \(Robert\)'" <hanmer AT alcatel-lucent.com>
  • Cc: patterns-discussion AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: Re: [patterns-discussion] Pattern Repositories
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 20:42:20 +0200

Maybe this would be interesting for you. I will try to develop a framework which helps to formalize and sharing HCI patterns.

This is just in a early stage but this can be very helpful to the HCI community.

I have presented this approach at CHI 2009.

ABSTRACT

In this paper we describe an approach to formalize and unify Human-Computer-Interaction (HCI) design patterns. The goal is to help pattern authors, users, and software engineers to work more efficiently with design patterns. To this end, we have investigated seven building blocks for setting up a unified form of HCI design patterns. They will serve as the necessary requirements for successful integration into the Semantic Web, pattern management tools, and the HCI community.

If anyone is interested in the full paper please let me know and drop me a message.

Chris