patterns-discussion - [patterns-discussion] Pattern mining examples needed - can you help?

Subject: General talk about software patterns

[patterns-discussion] Pattern mining examples needed - can you help?

  • From: "Pont, Michael J." <michael.pont AT tesco.net>
  • To: patterns-discussion AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: [patterns-discussion] Pattern mining examples needed - can you help?
  • Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 9:25:17 +0100

I'm helping to deliver a new course on patterns through the University of
Leicester (UK) next month. The course syllabus is here for anyone who may be
interested:
http://www.tte-systems.com/services/training/msc/modules#a3

I'm looking for some further examples / anecdotes / stories on pattern mining
which people are willing to share. Please note that I'm interested in *all*
domains: the patterns don't need to be linked to embedded systems in any way.

What we'd really like is to find is a few personal stories along the lines of
"this is how we identified the XXX pattern which was shepherded and
workshopped
at xPLoP in yyyy".

We don't need polished essays: we are simply looking for a few sentences
about
the way in which you found a particular pattern (ideally a published pattern
or
one that you can share with us - and we can share with our students).

If you've described you mining process in a report, etc, please let us know -
again, we'd like to be able to distribute the report to our students.

We will (of course) acknowledge our sources in full.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Best wishes,

Michael.

Michael J. Pont, PhD
Embedded Systems Laboratory,
University of Leicester

http://www.le.ac.uk/eg/mjp9/

  • [patterns-discussion] Pattern mining examples needed - can you help?, Pont, Michael J., 08/20/2009